Education is changing and developing at a relentless pace and we are prepared to equip you with the tools to stay ahead of the curve.
Education Open Source brings together more than 500 of the state’s leaders in career and technical education, workforce training and economic development for in-depth sessions offering insightful new ideas and strategies that can be implemented in regions and campuses across Texas.
Facing ever-increasing competitiveness in the workforce, CTE educators have a unique challenge to ensure students are college and career ready in order to succeed beyond graduation. Education Open Source offers informative workshops, legislative updates, nationally renowned speakers, advanced training, networking opportunities and a firsthand glimpse at the technologies and resources available to enhance student learning.
Join us at EOS 2013 and discover how to:
- Work together to combine all disciplines and ensure both academic and CTE courses are engaging and preparing students for college and career success.
- Address and respond to current education and economic challenges.
- Partner with business and industry sectors to equip students with real-world skills needed in a fast-changing global marketplace.
- Elevate and expand best practices in the state.
- Enhance your career by implementing new ideas and resources in the classroom and beyond.
This fast-paced event offers more than 50 comprehensive sessions and the CTE Training Institute. Experienced presenters delve into critical training, regulatory and partnership issues while providing perspective on the current and future landscape for CTE and workforce development.
Leave with new solutions for the challenges of regulatory requirements, instructional partnerships, articulation, management efficiencies and student guidance.
Hot Topics and Sessions
- Instructional Innovation and Technology
- Seamless Transitions
- Partnerships and Collaborations
- Student Success
- Leadership Development
- K-12 and postsecondary educators in CTE and workforce training
- Workforce and economic development partners
- Industry leaders and civic partners
What to Wear
Education Open Source provides a relaxed educational environment, and we suggest business casual dress. This may include slacks, blazers, blouses or casual dresses. Keep in mind that the meeting rooms may be very cold; you may want to dress in layers to accommodate the varying temperatures.